Kefir Butter Cookies
Ingredients: (This recipe yields 10 cookies.)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup milk kefir
- 6 tablespoons butter (very cold)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Mix flour and milk kefir.
- Cover and let it stand overnight.
- Cut the butter into chunks then mix it into flour-kefir mixture.
- Add in baking soda, baking powder and salt. Do not over mix. If the mixture is too dry, add some milk kefir.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Gently pat the dough out to half inch thick.
- Patting instead of rolling makes lighter biscuits.
- With a round cutter, cut the biscuits.
- Place biscuits in a cookie sheet. If you want soft-edge biscuits, place biscuits touching each other. If you want biscuits with crusty sides, place them 1 inch apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.